Mr. Bauer must uncover a deadly plot.
We were afraid we’d be tasked to doing a parody of “Cloverfield,” but luck and a fine tailwind were with us and instead, at Norwescon, we ended up making more of a parody of “24,” which was a bit of a challenge, as I’d never seen an episode.
In 31, Jack Bauer’s brother Eddie has to be the Problem Solver, as a group of evil Gamers threaten to taint the water supply at a convention, turning everyone into gamers.
As most people have already complained, there is gratuitous violence, mayhem, and of course, death. We couldn’t decide as we were making the movie, in fact, which ending to use, so we shot both options and figured the actual ending would come as a surprise to the crew when we showed it.
As with all movies we make for our “Let’s Make a Movie!” workshop, 31 was shot in two hours and edited in about six, with a little extra homework here and there.
Learn more about the movie by checking out Ryan’s writeup on it!
- Director Smith: Daniel Kaufman
- Shifty: Mark Dranek
- The Dungeonmaster: Brian Hunt
- Female Technician: Kate Waterous
- Agent Eddie Bauer: Larry W. Lewis
- Agent Jones: Theo Hill
- Illegal Alien: Dana Halfhill
- Tortured Gamer: David Tackett
- Writer/Director: Edward Martin III (IMDB listing)
- Produced by Edward Martin III, Brian D. Oberquell, Eric Morgret and Ryan K. Johnson
- Directed by Edward Martin III
- Written by Edward Martin III, Brian D. Oberquell and Ryan K. Johnson
- Photographed by Ryan K. Johnson
- Editing and sound by Edward Martin III